This journal page background is a frozen watercolor experiment. I splashed watercolors on a SOAKED page and then stuck it outside in the 2Â°F and let the water freeze to push the watercolors around.
The planets are spray paint or acrylic and the stars are Christmas wrapping paper.
You can watch the video on YouTube or on the embedded player below:
- Tuesday: http://twitpic.com/xvo9k – Pocket journal entry for #ced2010
- Wednesday:Â http://twitpic.com/y0bs1 – Spraypaint planet foundations 4 #ced2010
- Thursday: I almost forgot to list the showÂ http://tinyurl.com/ybgsmc8 for #ced2010
- Friday:Â Finished this video up last night and I’m using it for Friday’s #ced2010Â http://tinyurl.com/yk4xmng
- Saturday:Â It’s early yet, but so far today all I’ve done for #ced2010 is this tutorial video:http://tinyurl.com/yhsbg23
- Sunday:Â This was my #ced2010 for yesterday, but you can’t see it if you’re not a memberhttp://vimeo.com/8810527
- Monday: http://twitpic.com/yqppv – Here is my #ced2010 for today.
- TuesdayÂ Blade21292 http://twitpic.com/wuy9o – I don’t think this tweeted#ced2010
- ThursdayÂ Blade21292 http://tweetphoto.com/8237467 In case the show won’t qualify 4Â #CED2010 Tonight, 8-10 pm cst, The Artistic Bikerhttp://tinyurl.com/ybgsmc84 days ago fromÂ TweetDeck
- ThursdayÂ Blade21292 I think this qualifies forÂ #CED2010http://tinyurl.com/ylqt5kk3 days ago fromÂ TweetDeck
- FridayÂ Blade21292 It was my turn to cook so a quick twenty minute meal off the cuff forÂ #ced2010http://tinyurl.com/yjwna3e2 days ago fromÂ TweetDeck
- SaturdayÂ Blade21292 I’m gonna use my artjournaling.ning.com spray paint workshop video as myÂ #CED20101 day ago fromÂ TweetDeck
- SundayÂ Blade21292http://twitpic.com/xm8w1 – Cool frozen watercolor bckgrndÂ #ced2010about 23 hours ago fromÂ TwitPic
- MondayÂ Blade21292http://twitpic.com/xq1dw – Spraypaint vid production for#ced2010about 4 hours ago fromÂ TwitPic
I was just saying to myself the other day, “Hey Blade,” because me and my self are on nick name basis, “why don’t we find some kind of challenge to do where we have to art every single day in some fashion?”
And I responded, “Pray tell, whatever do you mean?”
“Well,” I said, “we’re always trying to encourage people to create something everyday for at least 10 minutes a day. Â What if we had some kind of challenge to join where we did just that?”
“I believe you have hit upon something there,” I said. “Let’s Google ‘Create Every Day’ and see what we get.”
Lo and behold I found Creative Every Day! OK, it didn’t really happen that way. Â What actually happened was I saw a TON tweets on Twitter that ended with the “hashtag” #CED2010. Â Now if you don’t know, a hashtag is a marker of sorts. It allows people to search on Twitter, and really any other site, for like minded themes. Â Usually it’s a group name or some other way to make a search easy. Â So I searched for CED2010 and that’s how I found it. Â :)
From the website: Â Creativity is meant in the broadest sense, so it doesn’t have to be something art related. Your creative acts could be in cooking, taking pictures, knitting, doodling, writing, dancing, decorating, singing, playing with your kids, brainstorming ideas, gardening, or making art in the form of collage, paint, or clay…or whatever!
Of course I am doing it. Â Mostly because I don’t have enough to do with my spare time. Â On Mondays, we are supposed to update our blogs about what we have done to be Creative Every Day!
- Friday, January 1st, I shot video for the spray paint workshops on Artjournaling.ning.com.
- Saturday, January 2nd, I recorded a song for this week’s youtube video.
- Sunday, January 3rd, I spray painted elements for my journal and my video.
- Monday, January 4th, I spray painted a scene in my journal: